Being pre-approved can give you an edge when there are multiple offers on a home.
Here’s a basic list of what you might be asked to get pre-approved for a home loan.
1. The social security numbers for you and your spouse if you’re both applying for the loan together. This allows your lender to run an accurate credit check on you.
2. Copies of your checking and savings account statement for the past six months
3. Documentation of other assets you might have, like stocks or bonds
4. A recent pay stub that shows your earnings – and the contact information of someone who can confirm that you work there
5. A list of all credit card accounts, with current balances
6. Your last two years of income tax returns Each lender might have other requirements for pre-approval.
If you have any questions, I’m always available to help.